Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Monsters Come Out at Night

Was out late last night. Looking for Donnie. Bug said Donnie was hanging out in the Lincoln Tunnel, but I didn't see him. I decided to do a quick lap and go to bed.

Jacking at night is harder because there's no traffic and the streetcar goes fast. There's nothing to slow it down. You gotta be on your game and sparky.

I picked up a lifer at Powell's and the guy was crawling like a pilgrim. I was swinging all over the place trying to pick up miles. Got bored.

Sprinted down the echo chamber. Couldn't tempt him. He was crawling along - playing with me. These drivers now are on strict orders not to respond to jackers. Trouble is if they slow the streetcar down any more my 98 year old grandmother could jack. And she doesn't even like to run.

I had a funny feeling, but sure enough as soon as we rounded Phil's, Joey levered down and dropped me like a crowbar. Bastard. I chased him all the way up Northrup and passed him at the light before punching out for the night.

I like running at night. That's when the monsters come out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a new jacker on the street know as "1957 old geezer". This geezer walks with a limp, but has starting to pick up a little speed again. Having a tough week at home, and decided to make the streetcars pay. Early Wednesday morning around 6:00am headed to downtown along the waterfront. Had a chip on my shoulder and a belly full of coffee. Left the walker in the trunk, and put on my chuck jones high tops. Waited for the first street car and my taunting began. A rookie mistake of over confidence took over, getting dropped a few times on the hills with no stops. I live to race the street cars another day.

Admin said...

Hello geezer!

You have the honorary title of first jacker to post to the blog.

Welcome.

Create a login if you want.

I know what you mean about making the streetcar pay. Whether you are happy or sad - the streetcar is gonna pay!

Lace up those high tops and keep the faith.

6:00 AM on the waterfront. Wow - that's a tough game you're playing right there.

Anonymous said...

Noticed 'admin' racing the streetcar down lovejoy about a month ago.

Streetcar 1, Admin 0, that day